It’s the first day of spring – meaning it’s time to get a head start on spring cleaning. Here are a few of our favorite tips for a cleaner – and greener! – home this spring.
- Use baking soda to eliminate odors: Baking soda removes odors from inside fridges – but did you know you can also use it to clean carpets? Sprinkle a little on your carpets and vacuum it for a fresh scent in every room.
- Cleaning with salad dressing? Not quite. Using a mixture of vinegar, oil, and water helps scrub wood furniture and hardwood floors to perfection.
- Essential oil air fresheners: Use cinnamon, clove, citrus or lavender essential oils on a cotton ball and stash in the corner of a room for a fresh scent!
- Use a living air filter: Houseplants help clean your home’s air while giving rooms a splash of green. Suggested plants include English ivy and peace lilies.
- Think about your fuel choices: Higher blends of ethanol like E15 eliminate the need for toxic chemicals found in gasoline that contribute to smog, asthma, and air pollution. By filling up with cleaner-burning ethanol, you reduce the amount of nasty chemicals in the air – helping everyone breathe easier.
Making smarter, greener choices this spring is easy – especially when it comes to fueling up with ethanol. Read more on the benefits of using biofuels for green living here: https://getbiofuel.com/faq/