Single - Simple Earth Month Swaps To Live A Greener Life
The phrase “living green” can sometimes be a little daunting. How does one make more sustainable, environmentally friendly choices while keeping up with busy schedules, family responsibilities, work demands, and also saving a little downtime for yourself?
This Earth Month, try these seven simple swaps to have a positive impact on the environment without having a negative impact on your sanity:
- LED bulbs: Replace regular light bulbs with energy-efficient, longer-lasting LED bulbs to reduce your energy footprint AND your electricity cost.
#GreenSwap: 1 LED light bulb = 21 incandescent bulbs
- Reusable water bottles: Buy a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated instead of relying on plastic bottles.
#GreenSwap: 1 reusable water bottle = over 1,400 plastic water bottles
- Reusable shopping tote: More than 500 billion plastic bags are littering the globe. Choose a reusable shopping tote for a sturdier and more environmentally friendly shopping option.
#GreenSwap: 1 reusable shopping tote = 700 disposable plastic bags
- Reusable kitchen cloths: These reusable wipes can be washed up to 300 times and can be composted when they get too old, eliminating the need for paper towels.
#GreenSwap: 1 biodegradable kitchen cloth = 15 rolls of paper towels
- Dryer balls: Dryer balls offer a more energy-efficient alternative to fabric softener sheets by improving circulation in your dryer, reducing the amount of time it takes clothes to dry.
#GreenSwap: 1 dryer ball = 1,000 fabric softener sheets
- Power strips: Power strips with an on/off switch can save you money on your electric bill and conserve energy, as electronics continue to suck electricity when they’re plugged in.
#GreenSwap: 1 power strip = over $100 saved in electrical bills annually
- Biofuels: Swap regular gasoline for high-octane E15 to reduce your carbon emissions and save money at the pump!
#GreenSwap: E15 = 43% less carbon emissions than regular fuel
- Bonus #GreenSwap: E15 = 5 to 10 cents cheaper than regular fuel
Simple, green swaps – like fueling up with cleaner-burning biofuels instead of regular gasoline – can be easy choices that make a big difference this Earth Month.